Workout Wednesday: Squats
In my humble opinion, squats are one of the best exercises you can do. They work many of your major muscle groups and burn a lot of calories. Plus, who doesn’t want toned thighs and a firm tush? I certainly do! Add in some weights, and arm movement, and you have yourself a full-body workout.
Squats can be done 1001 ways, ensuring that they never get old and you don’t fall into the trap of the same ol’ workout.
Key Things to Remember:
- Never let your knees go over your toes
- Get low!
- Really sit back into the squat
- Squeeze your butt on the way up
- Do squats while balancing on a BOSU
- Do squats while holding a weighted bar across shoulders
- Do squats with a jump on the way up
- Do squats while throwing a medicine ball straight into the air
- Do squats with a side kick on the way up (alternate sides)
- Do squats with handweights and an overhead press on the way up
- Do one-legged squats
- Do plie squats by standing with feet wider than shoulders and turning feet out
What’s your favorite way to do squats??
Have a happy workout!